Mentoring is all about intention, visibility, and helping your mentee find pathways that assist them to take control of their careers.
For many emerging leaders and managers, mentoring can be difficult as they can be unsure of how these relationships work, what their responsibilities are, or even feel they aren’t ready to aim for BHAGs (Big Hairy Audacious Goals). Luckily they have you.
The first meeting is a great step for them to show initiative and demonstrate their leadership potential. Having said that, Acorn Mentees should come to their first meeting having:
- Researched who you are - even connecting with you on LinkedIn
- Reflected on why they registered for the program
- Completed the Program Pre-Evaluation form
- Reflected on their strengths and weaknesses (link here if you would like to do this too)
- Read and reflected upon the Mentoring Agreement
In the first meeting, we expect that the priority will be to discuss the Mentoring Agreement and confirming each others expectations - plus reviewing the mentee’s goal for the program. Apart from these formalities, we do hope you enjoy your first meeting and have a great time getting to know your mentee over a virtual coffee.
Good luck on your Acorn Mentoring journey. If you have any questions pop through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org